White chia seeds are considered to be most valuable and rich type of chia !
The reason chia seeds are so beneficial is due to them being rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
For example, one ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds contain about: (1)
- 137 calories
- 12.3 grams carbohydrates
- 4.4 grams protein
- 8.6 grams fat
- 10.6 grams fiber
- 0.6 milligram manganese (30 percent DV)
- 265 milligrams phosphorus (27 percent DV)
- 177 milligrams calcium (18 percent DV)
- 1 milligram zinc (7 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram copper (3 percent DV)
- 44.8 milligrams potassium (1 percent DV)
Chia seeds also contain essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid; mucin; strontium’ vitamins A, B, E and D; and minerals, including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin and thiamine; and they’re a rich source of antioxidants.
White Chia seeds
• Small Chia seeds can be used like natural peeling if you mix it with coconut oil and lemon juice.
• Gel from Chia seeds and lemon juice will help to keep the natural moisture of hair and protect from dry air.
• Natural yogurt with Chia’s seeds and oil rejuvenates the skin and moisturizes it.
• Each night before bed apply Chia oil to the area around eyes to restore your skin and reduce the formation of wrinkles.
• Due to the high content of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids gel from Chia has anti-inflammatory action and can be used for treating wounds and burns.