- Fresh or dried leaves can be prepared as a tea.
- In East Asia, lemongrass is also used as a seasoning for meat dishes.
- Lemon grass oil is a raw material for the cosmetics industry and in food production.
- It is also used to flavor soft drinks, candy and other foods.
- The bitter-tasting Lemongrass increased perspiration and is antibacterial, diuretic, antispasmodic and carminative.
- Indians use lemongrass in appetite and digestive tract problems.
- In Brazil it is used for fever and nervous restlessness.
- Lemon grass oil is used for pain in the gastrointestinal region and cholera. Externally for ringworm, scabies, lice,rheumatism and sprains.